Invasive Species Council of Metro Vancouver
The Invasive Species Council of Metro Vancouver, formerly the Greater Vancouver Invasive Plant Council, is a non profit society that is working to improve the way we manage invasive species in the Metro Vancouver region. There are many biological invaders in our region that threaten the environment, economy and public safety. The purpose of this site is to provide you with information about invasive species, specific species of interest in our region, control methods, ISCMV's services and to keep you updated on invasive species activities in the region.
ISCMV is proud to be part of the group of 16 other invasive species councils that collectively help to protect BC from invasive species. Did you know that every part of BC is covered by a council such as ours? While we all operate a little bit differently, we all work toward common goals and support each other in our activities through information sharing and collaboration. Check out the map to learn about these great organizations! We also put together a video highlighting the work of all of the councils across the province. Check out the video. The work featured would not be possible without the support of our many diverse funders.
What does ISCMV do?
- Raises the profile of invasive species
- Provides education to the public and land managers on invasive species
- Provides land managers assistance with planning invasive species management
- Conducts on-the-ground management of invasive plants (inventory and control)
- Conducts research activities pertaining to invasive species management
- Provides regional direction on invasive species management