Invasive Species Council of Metro Vancouver
The Invasive Species Council of Metro Vancouver is a non profit society that is working to improve the way we manage invasive species in the Metro Vancouver region. There are many biological invaders in our region that threaten the environment, economy and public safety. The purpose of this site is to provide you with information about invasive species, specific species of interest in our region, control methods, ISCMV's services and to keep you updated on invasive species activities in the region.
May is invasive species month in BC! Come and celebrate with us on May 28 for a free event at our office! Find all the details here.
Our 2015 Snapshot Annual Report is now available! Check it out to read highlights from our year and a sneak peak of things to come later in 2016!
Find the Alienbusting team in your region and meet BC's most wanted Alien Invaders at www.alienbusters.ca
Do you have knotweed on your property and want to know what to do about it? Check out our Knot on My Property resources. Videos and printed materials will help you plan your treatment strategy.
What does ISCMV do?
- Raises the profile of invasive species
- Provides education to the public and land managers on invasive species
- Provides land managers assistance with planning invasive species management
- Conducts on-the-ground management of invasive plants (inventory and control)
- Conducts research activities pertaining to invasive species management
- Provides regional direction on invasive species management